Shaping India’s Medical Devices Regulatory Framework: Global Best Practices and Priorities
India’s medical devices industry is poised for significant growth in the next five years, with the market size expected to reach $50 billion by 2025. It includes both large multinationals and small to medium enterprises (SMEs), and it is growing at an unprecedented scale: its current market size is estimated to be nearly $10 billion.
TIC Council fully supports the crafting of a robust medical devices rules regulatory and policy framework which lays a strong foundation towards ensuring a robust quality and conformity ecosystem for medical devices in India.
In the healthcare sector, patient and operator safety are of paramount importance, which makes it imperative for medical devices to be of high quality and safe for their intended use, therefore a rapidly evolving medical device industry needs hand holding from all stakeholders, in order to be able to realize the government’s vision of quality and affordable healthcare for all.
Embarking on the mission of patient safety in India, TIC council is organizing a two-day webinar on Shaping India’s Medical Devices Regulatory Framework: Global Best Practices & Priorities. The webinar will witness the presence of senior policy makers from Ministries & regulatory bodies of India, E.U & U.S along with senior industry leaders from the medical devices and TIC industry, sharing their experience, global trends and best practices towards ensuing quality and safety of medical devices. This webinar is a must-attend for industry leaders, decision makers, quality, regulatory and public affairs personnel from the healthcare sector.
The webinar will be held in two days: Thursday 28 October 2021, 14:30-17:00 IST (11:00-13:30 CET), and Friday 29 October 2021, 14:30-17:00 IST (11:00-13:30 CET).
Registrations will be open to all TIC Council Members and relevant stakeholders, as well as a larger external audience.
- Suresh Sugavanam, Chairman, TIC Council India
- Hanane Taidi, Director General, TIC Council
- Niranjan Nadkarni, CEO, TÜV SÜD South Asia, South East Asia, Middle East & Africa Region
- Karthik Venkataraman, Business Manager, UL India
- Claire Dyson, Global Vice President, Dekra
- Kimberly Trautman, Medical Device, IVD and Combination Product Regulatory & Quality Expert
- Latika Vats, Director, Regulatory Affairs & Quality Assurance for India Medtronic and APAC Med Committee
- Reinaldo Figueredo, ISO-CASCO Chair
- Sudhir Zutshi, Chair, Public Affairs, Sub Committee, TIC Council India
- Dr. R P Singh, Secretary General, QCI
- Dr. Shailendra Singh, TUV SUD Pvt Ltd.
- Jitendra Sharma, Managing Director and CEO, AMTZ
- Ravi Kant, DDC, CDSCO (TBC)
- Rajesh Maheshwari, CEO, NABCB
- Ravi Singh, Member, TIC Council, Med Device WG
- Dr. Girdhar Gyani, Director General, AHPI
- Harshit Thakkar, Sr. Project Manager, DEKRA
- Sudhakar Mairpadi, Head Quality, Regulatory and Govt Affairs, Philips India Pvt Ltd
- Rajiv Nath, Forum Coordinator, AiMED
- Vibhav Garg, Director-Health Economics & Govt Affairs, Boston Scientific
- R Asok Kumar, Chairman, Regulatory Sub Committee, Adva Med
- Dr. Aparna Dhawan, Executive Director, TIC Council India
The microphone function will be disabled for participants during the webinar but all questions for the presenter can be submitted through Webex via the chat function during the Q&A session at the end.
For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you and/or your colleagues.
For more information – https://tic-council.idloom.events/shaping-india-s-medical-devices