Digital Health Incentive Scheme (DHIS) by NHA
The National Health Authority (NHA) has announced a Digital Health Incentive Scheme (DHIS) for the stakeholders of the digital health ecosystem. The scheme aims to give a further boost to digital health transactions in the country under the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM). The incentives under this scheme would be provided to hospitals and diagnostic labs and also to the providers of digital health solutions such as Hospital/ Health Management Information System (HMIS) and Laboratory Management Information System (LMIS).
Under the DHIS, the eligible health facilities and digital solutions companies shall be able to earn financial incentives of up to Rs. 4 crores based on the number of digital health records they create and link to ABHA (Ayushman Bharat Health Account). This incentive can be availed by the health facilities (hospitals and diagnostic labs) registered with ABDM’s Health Facility Registry (HFR) and fulfilling the eligibility criterion specified under the scheme.
Important points under ABDM’s Digital Health Incentive Scheme are:
- Incentives would be provided to the following entities:
- Health Facilities having 10 or more beds
- Laboratory/radiology diagnostics centres
- Digital Solution Companies (entities providing ABDM enabled digital solutions)
- The incentives shall be provided on the basis of the number of ABHA-linked transactions i.e. the digital health records created and linked to ABHA.
|Healthcare Facility||Base Level Criteria||Incentives|
|Hospitals||50 Transactions per bed per month||Rs. 20 per additional transaction above the base level|
|Diagnostic facilities /Labs||500 Transactions per month||Rs. 15 per additional transaction above the base level|
- Digital Solution Companies (DSCs) will be given an incentive of 25% of the incentive amount received by the eligible health facilities using their digital solutions.
- For the ABHA linked transactions done by facilities not eligible for direct incentives (Clinics/ Small Hospitals/ Health Lockers/ Teleconsultation Platforms etc.), an incentive would be provided to Digital Solution Companies.
|Cost Incentives for Digital solution (HMIS and LMIS) Companies|
|For every Transaction by hospitals/labs using their software and receiving incentives under this policy||25% of the corresponding incentive amount received by the eligible facilities|
|For other Transactions (including by health lockers, Teleconsultation platforms, small clinics etc.), provided the transactions are more than 200 per month||Rs. 5 per Transaction|
NHA is organising public webinars starting from Dec 23, 2022 to provide detailed overview of the scheme. The schedule and link for the webinars will be available on the website https://abdm.gov.in/dhis