Exposure Draft on Compendium of Social Audit Standards issued by ICAI
In order to regulate the profession of Social auditors, the Sustainability Reporting Standards Board of ICAI has developed the draft preface to the social audit standards as specified in the notification dated July 25, 2022 issued by SEBI .
“Securities and Exchange Board of India (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) (Third Amendment) Regulations, 2022” dated July 25, 2022, has been issued in The Gazette of India regarding formation of Social Stock Exchange . The notification defines Social Stock Exchange as “A separate segment of a recognized stock exchange having nationwide trading terminals permitted to register Not for Profit Organizations and/ or list the securities issued by Not-for-Profit Organizations in accordance with provisions of these regulations.”
As per the above notification, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has been entrusted with the responsibility of being Self- Regulatory Organization for regulating the profession of Social auditors
In this regard, Sustainability Reporting Standards Board of ICAI has developed following :
• (i) Draft Preface to the Social Audit Standards
• (ii) Draft Framework for the Social Audit Standards
• (iii) Draft Social Audit Standards (SAS) on all the sixteen thematic areas specified in the above mentioned notification.
The downloadable version of the Exposure Draft is available at: https://resource.cdn.icai.org/71191srsb57193.pdf
Comments on this exposure draft are sought by ICAI latest by August 26, 2022
- Electronically Click on https://forms.gle/eFUnUZcXFzJzyCRC7 to submit comment online (Preferred method)
- Email: Comments can be sent to: email@example.com