QCI Quality Champion Award – Announcement
3rd Edition – QCI Quality Champion Award – 2021-22
Quality champion award has been institutionalized by Quality Council of India with a purpose to recognize and motivate the individuals pursuing the path of Quality, Excellence for benefit of Organization associated with, society & Group/s. This Award provides a unique platform to the individuals for showcasing their significant & unique achievements and advancement in quality systems at all levels of the organization/society including recognition for their technological innovations, implementation of quality best practices for significant improvement in processes, products and services.
Quality Champion Award aims to honour outstanding individuals who have demonstrated/contributed significantly towards the Quantum (breakthrough) improvement in Quality in organisational/Social goals/objectives by
– Facilitating a quality journey
– Getting benefits to self, organization and society.
– Getting patents, publication, rewards, stakeholders appreciation within and outside the organisation
– Sustained growth of the organisation and society (business results, quality, innovation and technology)
– Upliftment of the stature of the profession.
Eligibility Criteria – Who can Apply
1. Individuals from any sector/organization from any function/department, who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to the Quality principles through its application, management, promotion etc. to elevate Quality in any sphere(organizational/societal/social etc.) and satisfying the following:
* The applicant has direct contribution to the field of quality within India
* The applicant, through his/her work shall have a significant impact both within the organization and also towards the society and other stakeholders at large.
* The applicant has demonstrated excellence, actions, behaviours which are considered as a role model by peers and others to emulate across sectors.
2.Indian Nationals including NRI (holding Indian passport) and OCI card holders
3.Should have at least 10 years of professional experience.
4.Shall have a formal education qualification
5.Candidate should not be convicted by any court for any irregularities.
6.Candidate should also not have any investigations against them by Central/State govt. agencies of any nature
a)Following are not eligible to apply :
* QCI Employees, professionals on the payroll of QCI/its Boards and divisions
* Prevailing QCI Board/Council/Governing Body members and Committee members QCI/its constituent Boards ex. ACM, TCM members
b)Applications are accepted on self-nomination basis. Providing 2 recommendations from the field of work supporting applicant’s nomination would be advantageous
There is no Application Fee.
1.Education and Skills (pertaining to Quality and other related areas including type and level of education acquired).
2.Professional Qualifications ( Methodology/tools/trainings etc. to drive organisational level change for internal/external stakeholders)
3.Working Experience : Key Professional management/leadership positions including organization wide responsibility for a major quality function(Current and key role(s) in last 10 years, including relevant projects and assignments with significant results/achievements through the application of quality related concepts/methods, impact on professional sphere ).
4.Delivery in external forum (Quality Related presentations made in national/international seminars, webinars, conferences, delegation etc.
5.Publication (Quality related articles/paper/book published).
6.Innovation in approach, Innovation in application of Quality tools and techniques, any patent(s).
7.Upgradation / development through soft intervention (demonstrated role modelling and mentoring of others, training, technical assistance, disseminating cutting edges concept of technologies)
8.Technology / digital interventions
* Application of new technologies within the organization or as a part of some project/initiative.
* Achievements on the Digitalization front through: demonstration through actual achievements – People, Product and services.
9.Benefits to the Organization(Enhancement of the processes /products, services/ quality infrastructure/building human resources driving change in the work environment , customer delight, including the horizontal deployment to other processes and units)
10.Impact on society/Quality of life/Stakeholders (brought positive change in the community/society etc.)
11.Recognition/accolades related to leadership, operations excellence, quality and performance improvement etc, peer and public recognition, any honorary title etc.
1. All applications received will be initially scrutinized for completeness and adequacy of the applications.
2. Assessment team will be formed for assessment of application.
3. Shortlisted applications (after step 1) will be evaluated and scored by the assessment team as per the assessment criteria
4. Brief interaction with the shortlisted applicants (credentials, work ex, awards etc) as necessary.
5. Feedback through applicant’s customer(s)/Partner(s) from work) of the shortlisted applicants by the Assessors as per the need identified
6.The recommendation list will be reviewed by QCI Jury and the Awardees will be finalized
Terms and Condition
1. By applying for the awards, the applicant will be deemed to have read and understood the eligibility criteria and to be bound by Terms and Conditions.
2. Only online applications through the QCI Quality Champion Award web portal will be accepted
3. By applying for the awards, the applicant has agreed to allow the details of their application to be shared with the assessment panel, jury and representatives of NBQP – QCI for the purpose of administration and judging of the awards and any other purposes to which the applicant has consented.
4. In case no application qualifies for a particular award the same will not be given.
5. The names/data/scores of the applicants, the scoring system developed for the evaluation will be kept confidential. Such information shall be made available only to those individuals who will be directly involved in the assessment and administrative process and shall not be disclosed in the public domain.
6. The Award winners will be notified via e-mail. Entries which are not shortlisted will not be notified via email or other correspondence.
7. Winners names will be announced during the Award ceremony and their names will also be listed on the Awards website and on QCI/NBQP social media channels.
8. The assessors, jury and QCI reserve the right at its absolute discretion to reject/disqualify any entry which is not accompanied by the appropriate / correct supporting documentation or any entry which is found to be inaccurate, false or misleading.
9. The jury decision will be final and no explanation, correspondence or discussion will be offered or entered into before or following the jury’s decision. Additionally, feedback will not be given on any successful or unsuccessful entry before or following the jury decision
10. No other certificate etc. shall be issued to the unsuccessful applicants.
11. By submitting application for the Award, the applicant acknowledges and gives consent on behalf of all the reference(s)/nominator(s) mentioned on his/her application for contacting them via email and/ or telephone for purpose of reference check/seeking feedback etc.
12. QCI reserves the right at its own discretion to alter or reschedule the awards and these terms at any time and without notice
13. An applicant is discouraged from influencing any officer of QCI at any stage of the Award cycle.
14. If any prospective candidates is found to be canvasing, then the application will be disqualified without any prior intimation
Application window open till 30th Nov 2021
Guidelines For The Applicants
Template of application form and How To Apply
Where to Apply ?