QCI – D.L. SHAH Quality Awards – Announcement from QCI NBQP
About the Award
Applicant organizations, who are QCI members qualify for a 10% relaxation in the application fees.
The QCI-DL Shah Quality Awards were launched in 2007 and are positioned PAN-India as the recognition for successful projects of an organisation that have resulted in continual improvement of processes, products and/or services, better/effective operations and increased customers/stakeholders satisfaction. The awards are given for specific projects which have to be submitted in the form of case studies supported by adequate evidence in the form of documents or video clips.
There are 3 levels of the Award.These levels are:
- Level 1 : QCI-D.L. Shah Quality Platinum Award
- Level 2 : QCI-D.L. Shah Quality Gold Award
- Level 3 : QCI-D.L. Shah Quality Silver Award
Each level has its own distinct rigors and requirements for quality and performance with minimum qualifying marks to be achieved. During the site verification when no suitable project (case study) is found to be eligible under a sector / category, no award shall be given.
Project(s) can be from any function or department of the organization and is open to all type of organizations/sectors like :
- Any Govt Enterprise
- Petroleum Oil,Gas
Sectors covered by Gol under Udyog Manthan are encouraged to apply
An organization submitting projects, shall satisfy the following conditions:
- The applying unit should be located in India (project(s) implemented at the sites abroad will also be considered on case to case basis).
- Projects should have been concluded within the last 3 years from the date of announcement of the award.
- Only those Projects which have concluded and have demonstrated benefits for minimum 6 months at least shall be considered.
- The organization shall not have been convicted by any Court for any irregularities
- Multiple projects applied under the same title from various units shall not be considered by virtue of implementation at other unit/plant in the horizontal deployment process.
- Projects applications which have been received in the past but after incorporating substantial continual and break through improvements in the process resulting in outcome(s) demonstrating quantum jumps may be considered after the period of 3 years.
- Projects that are entirely sub-contracted are not acceptable, however projects driven through the strategic leadership of the management and implemented with the help of outsourced facilities which are not available in-house would be acceptable (Projects shall be implemented by the applicant under the strategic plan/leadership of the management)
- Applications which seem to have negative influence on the human being, Quality of life, environment, Health, Safety, Society etc. will not be considered
organization can submit a maximum of 3 projects from a particular unit/branch or its regional office.
|Organization Type||Application Fees*|
*G.S.T 18% will be applicable on application fees.
**MSMEs are required to mention their valid UAM registration number while filling up the online application form.
Applicant organizations, who are QCI members qualify for a 10% relaxation in the application fees..
Where to Apply ?
Please click here to see the Detailed Evaluation Criteria
1. Various sectors like large manufacturing, IT/ITes, Finance, Health Care etc. have started applying digital transformation initiatives in their respective areas. In case the organization has took any such initiative, the organization shall provide the information regarding application of new technologies or any
- Application of new technologies within the organization or as a part of some project/initiative example any application of Internet of Things (IOT), artificial Intelligence, Robotics etc
- Achievements on the Digitalization front through: demonstration through actual achievements – implementation in pipeline or ready for execution as per the roadmap/strategic plan approved by the top management on the aspects mentioned below:
- People : Readiness of your organization and its people to accept the changes as a consequences of the transformation including skill upgradation etc.
- Product/Services : The impact which digital transformation has or will have on your product(s) and services including the preparedness of the stakeholders.
- Process: Impact of the digital transformation on your processes/operations.
2. Such projects for which financial impact cannot be arrived at (e.g. Projects belonging to Government, Education and Social Sector etc.), financial benefits will not be considered as a parameter for evaluation. However, such projects should state the environmental, socio-economic and other benefits with reference to the assessment criteria.
a. Online Application
Applicants are required to submit details pertaining to the online application from (available on website)
b. Preliminary Screening
At this stage, the NBQP Secretariat for completeness and adequacy of the application will scrutinize all the online applications
c. Document Evaluation
- All filtered applications from previous step will undergo document assessment by the Assessment Team
- The Assessment Team will examine the case studies on the basis of the assessment criteria
- Incomplete applications or such applications which lack clarity on the enablers, processes or results or are unrelated to any applications of quality tools and techniques will be rejected during this stage.
- The decision for cut-off marks and thereafter the selection of projects that will go for the next stage will be taken by NBQP team based on the input/feedback received from the assessment panel.
d. Project Presentation at QCI office
- The aim of the project presentation is to objectively comprehend and seek clarifications from the project team that have actually executed the project. After the presentation, the Assessment Team will finally decide the marks for various criteria through consensus approach. The decision for cut-off marks and thereafter the selection of projects for which site verification are needed will be taken at the end of this phase. Organizations shortlisted after this stage will be informed about the site verification schedule well in advance
e. Site Verification
The aim of site visits will be to ensure that the claims made in the project including savings as well as tools employed are verified. The Assessment team will scrutinize the necessary documents as well as interact with Top Management, Project Head & Team personnel of the organization including people involved in the project in order to satisfy that all claims are justified. The CEO/COO/VP along with Project Head shall debrief the Project and answer all the queries put up by the site assessment team.
- All filtered applications from previous step will undergo document assessment by the Assessment Team
- The Site assessment plan will be created by QCI-NBQP with inputs from the assessors and will be informed to the organizations in advance accordingly
- Depending on the size of the organization, the physical site visits will be conducted by an assessment team comprising of
- a) 2 assessors (including 1 lead assessor) for Large organizations
- b) 1 assessor for small organizations
- c) Additionally, assessment team may have representation from QCI Team as well
- The terms and conditions w.r.t physical site visit are mentioned in the respective section
f. Report Submission
The assessment team will submit a report of their assessment to NBQP Secretariat for this stage and it will include their inputs regarding their recommendations for the awards.
g. Final Selection
NBQP Secretariat will compile the results based on the cut off set and feedback received from the assessment team and share the recommendation list with the D.L. Shah Trust for the final approval on the winning projects and number of awards
The awards will be presented during a special Award Ceremony.
Application window date starts from 23rd Aug 2021 till 31st Dec 2021
- 1. Non – disclosure and confidentiality
- a) The names of the applicants, evaluation and scoring system developed for the assessment process will be regarded as proprietary and kept confidential. Such information shall be made available only to those individuals who will be directly involved in the assessment and administrative process and shall not be disclosed
- b) QCI will not disclose the details about the shortlisted/non-shortlisted candidates at any stage of the assessment. The qualified projects will be notified via e-mail/call by the QCI office directly.
- 2. Any misinterpretation of facts will disqualify the organization from Awards and fees would be non- refundable
- 3. Applications will be considered only if the eligibility criteria are satisfied
- 4. Incomplete applications or such applications which lack clarity on the enablers, processes or results or are unrelated to any applications of quality tools and techniques will be rejected.
- 5. Project Site: only initial site where the project has been implemented will be considered, rest locations will only be considered as a case of replication. Successful applicants will receive the trophy/certificate only for the location against which they submitted the application
- 6. No changes in the project application (title, location etc.) will be accepted after the final submission
- 7. Application Fees towards submission of the project(s) is non-refundable/ non- adjustable
- 8. Any Quality Award applicant and Awardee cannot use the NBQP, QCI and D.L. Shah Trust logo in any way that suggests that QCI is affiliated with, sponsors, approves or endorses them, their organization/websites/products/services etc
- 9. QCI and D.L. Shah Trust reserves all the rights to final selection of the Awardee(s). No appeal or protest in this regard would be entertained.
- 10. If no outstanding entries have been received, no award will be awarded for the year
- 11. In case of Physical Site Visits, following conditions will be applicable
Cost to be borne by the applicant organization
Besides the requisite application fees for participating in the Award the following costs are to be borne by the applicant organization.
- For Presentation round: All costs incurred by the Team Members of various projects who would be making presentation before assessment team members atQuality Council of India office, New Delhi.
- For Site verification
- a) All incidental expenses from the residence of the assessment team/Head Office at Delhi will be borne by the applicant organization based on the consolidatedclaim raised by QCI.
- b) Airfare charges* (wherever there is air connectivity)/train/AC Sedan car (in case no air/train connectivity exists)
- c) Hotel stay including Food/travel and other miscellaneous expenses.
- Depending on the size of the organization, the Assessment team members(as stated in section” Assessment Process-Site verification ) and man-days would vary from 1-2 days, so the hotel and travel expenses will vary accordingly
- In case the assessment is carried forwarded to the 2nd day, then the stay expenses shall be borne by the applicant organization for the 2nd night as well
Ms. Shruti Gupta Administrative Officer|NBQP Mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org 8800891834
Ms. Priyanka Maithani Assistant Director|NBQP Mail at : email@example.com 8178602471